This module is a new interactive resource to support Primary Care Trusts (PCTs) in developing, implementing, and evaluating effective obesity care pathways.
The support package aims to:
- Guide users through a systematic process of initiating, developing,
implementing and evaluating obesity care pathways to ensure they are robust,
evidence based and focused on local needs;
- Assist users with reviewing and strengthening existing pathways; and
- Provide opportunities to learn from the experiences of other London PCTs
in the form of case studies.
The support package is made up of the following components:
- Three workbooks: adult, child, and maternal obesity.
- Interactive videos providing a step-by-step guide to developing obesity care
pathways. The workbooks and interactive videos complement each other and
at appropriate stages within the videos, users are asked to refer to the relevant
sections within the workbooks.
- Downloadable templates with editable regions, which users can populate with
- Case studies from London PCTs are used throughout the workbooks and video
to illustrate important issues.
To make the most effective use of the resource, begin with the introduction and work through the videos in the order outlined below.