Eugenia Cronin and Katie Enock
These teaching modules introduce those working in local authority settings to the public health skills that are central to ensuring that local authority core services have positive impacts on health and wellbeing. The modules aim to provide participants with the knowledge, skills and language to promote health within key council roles, whilst at the same time developing public health champions working in senior positions across the council.
The modules provide a set of PowerPoint slides with facilitator notes, they can be used in a facilitated workshop format or for personal learning or for continuous professional development.
- HEB Planning and Delivery, Developing the Poster, Evaluation, Course Review
- Cutting Edge Practice
- What is Public Health
- Community development & HEB Workshop Scenarios
- Health Impact Assessment
- Health Needs Assessment
- Local Authorities and Public Health
- Spatial Planning
- Workplace Health
- Wider Determinants of Health
- Healthy Lifestyles and Health Promotion
- Exploring Myths around Mental Health
- Quiz Questions