Welcome to our course on sickness and health information for practitioners. This course will cover availability of data on populations, health status, health events, lifestyle risk factors, primary and secondary care activity, and international classifications of disease and medical care.
Learning objectives: This course will cover:
- population and demographic data
- births and deaths
- measuring health status
- registries and condition specific data
- lifestyle risk factors
- primary and secondary care activity
- classifications of diseases and medical care
Course author: Rupa Chilvers, Senior Analyst, Exeter. Resource text adapted from material written by Neeraj Malhotra and Meic Goodyear, accessible at www.healthknowledge.org.uk.
Reviewed by: John Powell, Associate Clinical Professor of Epidemiology & Public Health, University of Warwick.
Author and reviewer's competing interests: none
Use the index below to pick a particular module, or work your way through the course in the following manner:
1. start with the pre-course assessment - if you do not see this option then please create an account or login.
2. proceed through each module one by one
3. end with the final exam - your results will be emailed to you once completed