Welcome to our course on medical statistics. This course will cover basic statistical methods.
Learning objectives: This course will cover:
- Summarising binary data
- Summarising quantitative data
- Standard errors & confidence intervals
- Significance testing & type I and type II errors
- Displaying data
Course author: Mike Campbell, Professor of Medical Statistics, University of Sheffield. Resource text adapted from material written by Mike Campbell, accessible at www.healthknowledge.org.uk.
Reviewed by Mark Dancox, Public Health Intelligence Analyst, Bristol.
Author and reviewers' competing interests: None.
Use the index below to pick a particular module, or work your way through the course in the following manner:
1. start with the pre-course assessment - if you do not see this option then please create an account or login.
2. proceed through each module one by one
3. end with the final exam - your results will be emailed to you once completed