Welcome to our course on applications of health information. This course will cover specification and uses of information systems, common measures of health service provision and usage, and use of information for health service and public health intervention planning and evaluation.
Learning objectives: This course will cover:
- specification and uses of information systems
- common measures of health service provision and usage
- use of information for health service planning and evaluation
Course authors: John Powell, Associate Clinical Professor of Epidemiology & Public Health, University of Warwick. Content adapted from material written by Neeraj Malhotra and Meic Goodyear, accessible at www.healthknowledge.org.uk.
Reviewed by: Fiona Sim, Coordinator, London Teaching Public Health Network.
Author and reviewers' competing interests: none declared. Use the index below to pick a particular module, or work your way through the course in the following manner:
1. start with the pre-course assessment - if you do not see this option then please create an account or login.
2. proceed through each module one by one
3. end with the final exam - your results will be emailed to you once completed